Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana(PMKSY)
Har Khet ko Pani “Prime Minister Krishi Sinchayee Yojana”
The government of India is committed to accord high priority to water conservation and its management.
To this effect, Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has been formulated with the vision of extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko Pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’ in a focused manner with end to end solution on source creation, distribution, management, field application, and extension activities.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister has accorded approval of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) in its meeting held on 1st July 2015.
PMKSY has been formulated amalgamating ongoing schemes viz.
- Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) of the Ministry of Water Resources,
- River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (MoWR, RD&GR),
- Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) of the Department of Land Resources (DoLR) and the On-Farm Water Management (OFWM) of the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation (DAC).
PMKSY has been approved for implementation across the country with an outlay of Rs. 50,000 crore in five years.
A budget of 1706 crores for Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana 2021 has been launched by the government to help the farmers.
Under this scheme, water will be made available for irrigation of fields.
A virtual cabinet meeting was held on 22 December 2020 under the leadership of Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan.
In this meeting, the cabinet has allocated Rs 1706 crore for Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana.
Under this scheme, Madhya Pradesh has a share of this budget of 682 crores 40 lakh 40 thousand rupees.
Some districts like Mandla, Dindori, Shahdol, Umaria, and Singrauli districts of Madhya Pradesh have been included under this scheme.
Borewells will be constructed in these districts so that irrigation facilities can be made available to the farmers.
It will be built to provide a borewell irrigation facility on an area of 62135 hectares.
Overview of PMKSY
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)|
|Launched by||By Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Country|
|Major Benefit||Subsidy on purchase of equipment for irrigation|
|Scheme Objective||Farmers purchase equipment for irrigation|
Also Read:-Pm Kusum Yojana
Components and responsible Ministries/ Departments
|Sl. No.||Components||Illustrative Activities|
|1.||AIBP by MoWR,RD &GR||To focus on faster completion of ongoing Major and Medium Irrigation including National Projects.|
|2.||PMKSY (Har Khet ko Pani) by MoWR,RD &GR||Creation of new water sources through Minor Irrigation (both surface and groundwater)Repair, restoration and renovation of water bodies; strengthening carrying capacity of traditional water sources, construction rainwater harvesting structures (Jal Sanchay);Command area development, strengthening and creation of distribution network from source to the farm;Improvement in water management and distribution system for water bodies to take advantage of the available source which is not tapped to its fullest capacity (deriving benefits from low hanging fruits). At least 10% of the command area to be covered under micro/precision irrigation.Diversion of water from source of different location where it is plenty to nearby water scarce areas, lift irrigation from water bodies/rivers at lower elevation to supplement requirements beyond IWMP and MGNREGS irrespective of irrigation command.Creation and rejuvenation of traditional water storage systems like Jal Mandir (Gujarat); Khatri, Kuhl (H.P.); Zabo (Nagaland); Eri, Ooranis (T.N.); Dongs (Assam); Katas, Bandhas (Odisha and M.P.) etc. at feasible locations.|
|3.||PMKSY (Watershed) by Dept. of Land Resources, MoRD||Water harvesting structures such as check dams, nala bund, farm ponds, tanks etc.Capacity building, entry point activities, ridge area treatment, drainage line treatment, soil and moisture conservation, nursery raising, afforestation, horticulture, pasture development, livelihood activities for the asset-less persons and production system & micro enterprises for small and marginal farmers etc.Effective rainfall management like field bunding, contour bunding/trenching, staggered trenching, land levelling, mulching etc.|
|4.||PMKSY(Per drop more crop) by Dept. of Agriculture & Cooperation, MoA||Program management, preparation of State/District Irrigation Plan, approval of annual action plan, Monitoring etc.Promoting efficient water conveyance and precision water application devices like drips, sprinklers, pivots, rain-guns in the farm (Jal Sinchan);Topping up of input cost particularly under civil construction beyond permissible limit (40%), under MGNREGS for activities like lining inlet, outlet, silt traps, distribution system etc.Construction of micro irrigation structures to supplement source creation activities including tube wells and dug wells (in areas where ground water is available and not under semi critical /critical /over exploited category of development) which are not supported under PMKSY (WR), PMKSY (Watershed) and MGNREGS.Secondary storage structures at tail end of canal system to store water when available in abundance (rainy season) or from perennial sources like streams for use during dry periods through effective on-farm water management;Water lifting devices like diesel/ electric/ solar pumpsets including water carriage pipes.Extension activities for promotion of scientific moisture conservation and agronomic measures including cropping alignment to maximise use of available water including rainfall and minimise irrigation requirement (Jal sarankchan);Capacity building, training for encouraging potential use water source through technological, agronomic and management practices including community irrigation.Awareness campaign on water saving technologies, practices, programmes etc., organisation of workshops, conferences, publication of booklets, pamphlets, success stories, documentary, advertisements etc.Improved/innovative distribution system like pipe and box outlet system with controlled outlet and other activities of enhancing water use efficiency.|
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
- Under this scheme, the farmers cultivating the country will be provided with the appropriate amount of water for irrigation in their fields and for that, the government will be provided subsidies for irrigation equipment.
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana has been launched to meet this water shortage.
- Which will facilitate farmers to irrigate.
- The Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana will is extended to the land which will be eligible for agriculture.
- The benefit of this scheme will be extended to those farmers of the country who will have their own arable land and water resources.
- Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana will expand in agriculture through increasing productivity leading to the full development of the economy.
- 75% grant will be given by the Center for the scheme and 25% of the expenses will be borne by the State Government.
- This also benefits the irrigation scheme like drip/sprinkler farmers.
- The use of the new equipment system will save 40–50 percent water and at the same time increase 35-40 percent agricultural production and increase the quality of yield.
- During 2018 – 2019, the central government will spend around 2000 crores, and another 3000 crores will be spent on the scheme in the next financial year.
Eligibility for availing of the scheme
- There can be farmers of every category eligible for the benefit of the Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
- To get eligibility under this scheme, the farmer should also have his own land and a source of water resources.
- Under this scheme, benefits will also be provided to self-help groups, trusts, co-operative societies, incorporated companies, members of productive farmers’ groups, and other eligible institutions.
- Those institutions and beneficiaries will get the benefit of Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana which cultivates the land under a lease agreement for a minimum period of seven years.
- This eligibility can also be obtained from contract farming.
- The beneficiary can get the benefit of Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana for the land-only after the next seven years.
Documents For PMKSY
- identity card
- Housing Certificate
- Farm papers
- Bank Account Passbookmobile number
- Passport Size Photo
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
Apply Online: Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
Visit the Official Website Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Click Here https://pmksy.gov.in/
- On Homepage
- login on the homepage of the website.
- You can log in through your name and email id.
After this, you can get all the information related to the Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana by going to the About section on the website.
If you are still facing any type of problem then you can solve your problem by contacting the helpline number or by writing an email.
Click here to get information related to helpline numbers and email IDs.