As you all know, making a death certificate has been made mandatory in India. After the death of every citizen of India, this certificate will have to be made by the family of the deceased.
To get the certificate, the family of the deceased has to apply. This certificate can be made both online and offline.
Today we are going to provide you all the important information related to the death certificate application through this article of ours .
Like what is a death certificate? Its benefits, purpose, features, eligibility, important documents, application process etc. So friends, if you want to get complete information related to the Death Certificate online application, then you are requested to read this article till the end.
Death Certificate Online Apply
- A death certificate is a government document.
- Which is issued to the relatives of the deceased.
- In this certificate, information about the cause, date, etc.
- of the deceased’s death is available.
- It is compulsory to make this certificate for citizens of every religion.
- Through this certificate, the assets of the deceased can be handed over to the nominee. Apart from this, this certificate is also mandatory for claiming insurance.
- A death certificate is to be made within 21 days of death. If the family of the deceased has not made the certificate within 21 days, then they have to pay the fine.
- For registering the death, the family of the deceased has to pay a fixed fee.
- This fee has been set differently for different states.
Death certificate application
Families of the deceased have to apply to get a Death Certificate .
You can do this application online or you can apply to get the certificate offline too.
If you apply offline, you will have to go to the government office, but if you want to apply online, then you do not need to go to any government office. You can apply online by visiting the official website.
Key Highlights Of Death Certificate
|Name of the scheme||Death certificate online application|
|Who launched||Indian government|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of India|
|an objective||Apply for obtaining the death certificate|
Death certificate online application purpose
- The main purpose of the death certificate online application is to apply online for every deceased citizen.
- This application can be done through the official website sitting at home.
- For this, you do not need to visit any government office.
- This will save both time and money and bring transparency to the system.
- After the death of a member of the family, the family members face a variety of problems.
- Such as giving the property to the nominee, claiming insurance, taking advantage of any government scheme, etc.
- All these problems can be attained by creating a Death Certificate.
- Because this certificate is used as an essential document for all of them.
Benefits and Features of Death Certificate
- The death certificate is a very important government document.
- This certificate is issued to the relatives of the deceased.
- Information about the cause, date, etc. of the deceased’s death is available in the certificate.
- Now the death certificate has been made mandatory by the government.
- Citizens of every religion will now have to get this certificate.
- Through this certificate, the assets of the deceased can be handed over to the nominee, insurance can be claimed, government schemes can be availed.
- Death registration has to be done within 21 days of death.
- If the family of the deceased has not registered the death within 21 days, then they have to pay the fine.
- To register the death, the family of the deceased has to pay a specified fee.
- This fee varies for different states.
- To get this certificate, you can apply both online and offline.
Death certificate online application eligibility and important documents
- The applicant should be a relative of the deceased.
- Ration card of the deceased
- Aadhar Card
- identity card
- Application letter
- Passport size photo of the deceased
Procedure to apply for death certificate online
If you want to apply online to get a death certificate, then you have to follow the following procedure.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of your state.
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the option of Apply Now.
- After this, the application form will open in front of you.
- You have to enter all the important information asked in this application form such as your name, mobile number, email ID, etc.
- After that, you will have to upload all the important documents.
- Now you have to click on submit button.
- In this way, you will be able to apply online to get a death certificate.
Procedure for applying death certificate offline
- First of all, you have to go to the district office.
- Now you have to get the death registration form from there.
- After this, you will have to enter all the important information asked on this phone.
- Now you have to attach all the important documents from the form.
- After this, you have to submit this form to the district office.
- In this way, you will be able to apply for the death certificate offline.
- Now you will be provided with a reference number.
- You have to keep this reference number carefully.
- Through this reference number, you can track the status of registration.
Official website of all states for getting death certificate
|Andhra Pradesh||click here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||click here|
|Himachal Pradesh||click here|
|Madhya Pradesh||click here|
|Tamil nadu||click here|
|Uttar Pradesh||click here|
|West Bengal||click here|
|Jammu and Kashmir||click here|
|Dadar and Nagar Haveli Daman and Diu||click here|
|Andaman Nicobar Island||click here|